Friday, April 23, 2010

Scott's Flight Sketch

Here's a small sketch I had done when I first came up with this project. The image is of two adventuring children around the age of 12-14. One is a girl and the other is a boy...and they are flying on the back of a type of dragon-bird. They are with a guide of sorts, but I'm still not quite sure how i want to portray him/her. They are being taken to a rocky island that has a magnificent highly fortified village on it. The first one is a bit of a small abstract thumbnail that I scribbled out while at work. The second is a slightly more refined sketch. I think I like the more downward view of the first one. Gives a bit more forced perspective and feeling of height. Any thoughts and comments would be great! Can't wait to see the others!


3 comments:

  1. Scott, this looks awesome. All I can say at this point is that I agree that the perspective in your first sketch might give a better sense of height, but from a composition perspective, I love the shape of the fortified village/rock structure in the second sketch, and I also really like seeing the horizon line. You might want to see if you can strike a happy medium. I am excited to see what you do for the winged creature!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the lower composition works quite well, I like where the horizon is and I think the scale alone will give the viewer enough vertigo. I don't know how you could work it in, but I think it is important to see the kid's face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good. I will find a mid ground, because i do like the horizon like that too. I was also planning to have the first kid turning towards us (and the one behind her) yelling something to him and maybe pointing towards the island.

    ReplyDelete