Sunday, August 29, 2010

Lis's sketch: Travelers

Travelers or Off the Beaten Track... depending on which sketch I choose. I like them both! Argh! So I think I will do another of whichever I don't choose with different characters in the future. Hmm which one for now?

I chose an elf and a horned drake. I want the drake to be fairly young looking, and I really like that sturdy squat look for the elf (even though it may not be right?). The head is a little too big on the elf so making that smaller would probably help. I could also make the elf younger to fit the body... but I'm not sure! I kind of like him being older, handsome, AND squat, haha! I guess he would be closer to a halfling... but I want the pointy ears :P. Anyway, it probably doesn't matter. There's probably some type of elf thats sturdy and squat out there.

5 comments:

  1. I like the first one. They're both really fun I just like the first one more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the first one show the true spirit of the shorties, they are all hiperactives

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm...this is a tough one! I really like them both. I think i'm leaning towards #2 for its narrative. i could see it as a chapter opener for a "How to choose the right dungeon" section. but they'd both be great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. maybe a good solution would be to bring the liveliness of the first into the 2nd... hmm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely love the energy of the first one, but the second one tells more of a story, as Scott says. If you can bring the energy of the first one into the second, then great, but really either one would make for a great piece.

    p.s. my sketches are coming soon - tomorrow I hope. Things have been hectic (and I have been sick), yeesh!

    ReplyDelete