Sunday, September 25, 2011

Becca's Recent Work


Hey guys! I've recently been working on a couple of children's book dummies, and while I can't share most of it here, I can show you this exploratory piece that I did a little while ago, and the the new process I've been working on of late - I've set aside the watercolors for a bit, and am trying something new (and fun!). You can read more about the process and what I've been up to on my blog Something Artsy. I'll post a new project for RWP soon too!

1 comment:

  1. Oils! Well, some. I really like what you're doing here Becca. You preserved the subtle tones of your watercolors. Are you making your oils transparent with Liquin or just making them thin with medium? I notice in the under painting some brown wash in the sky/clouds area which possibly added a little too much texture in an area you might want very smooth and transparent. On the other hand it keeps an overall warmth to the whole piece which is nice. You might even experiment with some opaque areas in your oil stage. Great experiment and an adorable drawing!

    ReplyDelete