Saturday, May 1, 2010

Becca's "Flight" Drawing

A day late, but you've gotta hand it to me, I was in the process of moving to a new apartment this week, and finally got my art space in working order. Excuses, excuses you say? Well... poo on you. Here is my drawing for the Flight project. The owl will be snowy white, and it will be dusk, so there will be lots of nice blues and purples to play with, and probably some yellow. I cropped into the drawing so that the focus would be more on the girl character.





Thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. i like it. nice and simple. i would change the direction of the owls eyes so maybe they're looking in the same direction as the girl. I think thats all i can really say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Yeah it's looking pretty good! I think that the owls legs just hanging like that is a bit weird...I feel like they should be tucked up below him or her more. http://www.twitchers-retreat.co.uk/images/flying-barn-owl-800.jpg
    You could also think about cropping closer? maybe kinda like this cover: http://ahabsquest.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/golden_compass.jpg
    I think it's a good simple image, you just need to make it feel a bit more dynamic like they're really moving. anyways, I hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much guys! I've made some adjustments and started painting. Scott, it's amazing that you referenced the Golden Compass cover, because I swear I had that same cover in mind when working on this piece (see my first thumbnail). Crazy!

    ReplyDelete