Monday, January 24, 2011

Finally a Death King!


I am extremely sorry it has been so long since my last post.  I have been busy doing anything and everything besides artwork.  I have just bought an apartment with my girlfriend, Sarah.  That and the holidays took up so much of my time that a painting that should have taken me 2 weeks, took me closer to 2 months to finish.  I'm very happy with it now, though, and I'm glad to have finished it.  This was one of those pieces where I was looking at it for so long and it wasn't progressing at all; getting to the point where it wasn't fresh in any sense, and when I started painting it again it was more of a chore than a privilege.  That changed at some point last week, when I started putting the finishing touches on it.  I love skeletons.

My next piece will be a personal piece that I've wanted to do these past couple months.  I have a vacation from work now so hopefully I will be able to get through that quicker than this one.  It isn't fantasy at all really.  But Scott and I are in the midst of coming up with another assignment for this blog that we will post soon enough.  We'll get this ball rolling again soon I promise.

Death King, 14" x 10", Oil on Paper on Masonite, 2011.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! The armor looks much better, though I still think it could use more gray reflection near the cape. Also the head pops out nicely, what a refined skull the Death King has!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is some nice, bloody snow, Owen! I agree with Lis about the reflections on the armor, and perhaps a bit more shadow where the cape falls over the shoulder. The cape and the skull look awesome!

    ReplyDelete