Saturday, March 19, 2011

Becca's Shadow sketcn

Welp, it's been a week of technology crises at my apt, so right now I am without a scanner AND without photoshop. And, since I am hopeless when it comes to taking photos of my work (gotta fix that), I am not posting my final parade painting just yet. In the meantime, this is what I'm working on! It goes with a Robert Louis Stevenson poem titled "My Shadow", and it starts like this:

I have a little shadow that goes in and out with me,
And what can be the use of him is more than I can see.
He is very, very like me from the heels up to the head;
And I see him jump before me, when I jump into my bed.

It goes on, but I won't post the whole thing. I took this as an opportunity to work on designing a cute animal character with a lot of personality. I may want to change the bottom image - the mouse is a bit close to the edge of the page... and the shadow could probably be more interesting there too. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Maybe for the last panel you could have the mouse jumping into the panel... so it would be coming into the page from the left... and the shadow would be in front of it (like seeing the shadow in front of you as you jump into your bed), and the farm could be in the background on the top right. might be a better composition!

    Also, are you sure you want the top two panels touching? What if you saw a bit of grass in between those as well?

    Sorry about your technology woes! You can use my scanner temporarily... you'd have to come over though!

    Anyway, this should be really cute (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback Lis! I did make some changes to the bottom panel, but got started on the painting before you commented (it's due tomorrow) so couldn't work in your suggestions :( I think I did make it better, though.

    Even MORE technology woes came along after I posted - the new RAM that I got for my laptop (so that I can run photoshop) didn't work, AND our internet router mysteriously stopped working. WHAT IS GOING ON?!

    I may take you up on the scanner offer :)

    ReplyDelete