Friday, April 23, 2010

Becca's "Flight" Sketch


So I'm torn. I have been wanting to paint an owl for a while now, but, as the girl who grew up totally obsessed with horses, a pegasus would be pretty sweet too. In all of the thumbnails, the main character is a girl of about 11 or 12, who is on some sort of adventure (in the last sketch I included a little sister type of character too). I am going to have a lot of fun designing her outfit/accessories...not sure yet if she should have an weapons (I gave her a bow and arrow in one sketch). I want this to be a fairly close-up shot, with the idea that it would be a book cover. Thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. I would say the top right one stands out to me as the most interesting. I think the owl is much more unique compared to the pegasus. I would reconsider the weapons, I think it might be more interesting to have the character have more exploration type tools, something about kids and weapons just reminds me of Narnia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea i agree with Owen #2 is the best. I like her pose and the nice close- up of the owl. I don't mind the weapons....but I think a young kid probably wouldn't be off on her own hunting things or whatever. So maybe she either needs some other companions in the background. Or more adventuring type stuff. I'd also make sure she has a bit more interesting costume. I like it a lot though!

    ReplyDelete